Friday, September 14, 2012

Home


     I love the way the sunshine falls across the table in the breakfast nook in my Mother's kitchen


   Sunflowers against a bright blue sky remind me of the first time we took Miss Lo to the Okanagan 


    The apples still to ripen- bright red splash on a cobalt blue canvas


    An old kettle that once made someone's daily cuppa is surrounded still by green and damp earth


     A handfull of ripe summer promise


      Pancakes make me feel twelve again but in the good, cozy and comfortable way

     The apple basket has always held my Mother's clothespins


      Linens dried in the summer breeze always smell like home


     Bright and gaudy dahlias are my some of my favourite flowers


     My Mom makes the best blueberry pie I have ever had

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!