Wednesday, March 27, 2013
In My Kitchen
Who: My Mom- these are her go to, no fail cookies
What: Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
When: years ago
Where: My kitchen, Monday morning first thing before we hit the beach for a play date with friends
Why: who doesn't love a good cookie? This recipe is purely for fun!
1/2 cup butter 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup white sugar 1 cup flour
1 egg 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
- cream butter; add sugar gradually, beating until creamy- mix in egg, peanut butter, salt & baking soda.
-blend in flour, slowly. Add vanilla & mix well
- roll into small balls (or drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet) place on parchment lined cookie sheet
- press into balls flat with a floured fork
- bake in a moderate oven- 350 degrees- 10-12 minutes
- makes about 36 cookies
* just a note- I made these gluten free and replaced the wheat flour with chickpea flour- they turned out really good- a bit crisper than the original recipe but equally delish!