Wednesday, April 17, 2013

In The Garden


       There are flowers of  a different sort popping up in our garden these days- in the form of these pretty cushions on our chairs. I know this is not earth shattering news or even all that interesting of subject matter but since I spend a lot of time out on our deck now that warmer weather has arrived I am pretty happy with these cheery blooms!


      Originally the cushions were black and were stock to the Ikea chairs- there was a lot of black and grey happening out on the deck and I thought a pop of colour would do the trick. Using this awesome fabric from my stash I recovered the black cushions- using the original cushion as a template tracing it out and then just sewing a snug cover. I took the liberty of adding ties- which aren't really necessary but look really cute- I think!


       So bring on the sunshine! I will be out on my deck- puttering in the garden and sitting pretty on a bed of flowers! Now for the rest of the deck- get rid of the old orange carpet, paint the table, buy more potting soil....this is going to be a busy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!