Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Kid's Clothing Week: Day 1


      Yesterday - which was Monday- was the first day of Kid's Clothing Week- for those of you needing to catch up... Kid's Clothing Week is an online challenge where in the participants pledge to sew for at least an hour a day for the next seven days. The idea is to get a jump start on that growing stack of kid's Summer clothes that we all have lurking in our sewing room!









    For my first project I chose a fairly easy McCall's(M6022) pattern- and while I had not made this configuration before I have sewed other tops out of the pattern- so I was pretty familiar with the construction and everything came together fairly quickly. The fabric I chose was this sweet little vintage table scarf that I picked up at Community Thrift & Vintage a while ago- hand embroidered and washed so soft this has turned into the perfect Summer top for Miss Lo! Accented with some organic teal blue cotton at the yoke and bias- the blue is a soft wash that nicely compliments the vintage embroidery.

     Not only was yesterday the first day of the sewing challenge it was also Earth Day- so I thought I would start things off by re-using this little vintage pretty. I love breathing new life into something that others may think to be obsolete- giving a wee girl a soft new top- perfect for a Summer day!




3 comments:

  1. Adorable! I always want to buy vintage tea towels & such, but I know they'd never get used. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not pass this vintage lovely up! It needed to come home with me ;)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!