Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Craft Camp: Print Gocco


          I have a pretty special event that I am attending tonight- the Glam event for the 2013 Vancouver Mom Top Blogger- so exciting! Now while I didn't win the title of Top Blogger I am glad to have been a part of this entire experience- if nothing else I now have a whole bunch of new blogs to read! I was thinking it might be a good idea to take some business cards with me tonight- something different, handmade and totally Plain Jane style!


       So I busted out the old Print Gocco machine and started printing my own cards- totally weird and totally fun! The Print Gocco is a Japanese colour screen printing system- fully self contained- allowing the home screen printer to print up to one hundred prints before stopping to re-ink. While the Print Gocco has been discontinued a cult like following has evolved and supplies are available online- or if you are local to Vancouver at Blim.



       While my cards may not be the most professional looking- they look hand drawn- because they are and they most definitely have a bit of a Wabi Sabi feel- I think they are really interesting and fun. Of course I could not resist a bit of Plain Jane flair with some neon pink thread!


          I think I am now ready for tonight- my new dress from Maiwa is hanging on the back of the bedroom door, my evening bag has been dusted off and my business cards are at the ready! The only thing left to decide are the shoes... oh the shoes!

P.S- thanks again Lindsay for the most fun way to print!

4 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS...Can't wait to grab one from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so much about Goccos over the years but have still yet to try one. One of these days...

    Looking forward to seeing you & your awesome business cards at the big Vancouver Mom shindig tonight! I'll be one of the Ambassadors at the door--hope to connect in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Print Gocco is super fun! When I first was trying it out I was following the directions & thinking this possibly couldn't work! But it does!

      Looking forward to connecting with everyone or as many people as possible tonight at Glam!

      Delete
  3. Love them Sharilyn! Have fun tonight--you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!