Friday, May 30, 2014

Favourite Cake Friday


          OK so I know brownies aren't really a cake per-say but they are full of chocolate and are cake-like! There for I thought I would share my no fail- favourite chocolate brownie recipe today- just in time for swim suit season! I imagine that curling up with a hunk of brownies, a good cuppa jo and a great book would be someone's idea of a time well spent- ahem- OK maybe me. With out further ado here is possibly the most decadent brownie you will ever enjoy- also pairs well with ice cream and red wine- just sayin'.

Brownies

1/2 cup coconut oil
5 oz chocolate- I like semi sweet
(chopped)
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup crushed pecans

- pre heat the oven to 400 degrees- line a 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper and set aside
- melt chocolate and coconut oil together in a double boiler situation- stirring until smooth
- beat the eggs lightly and add melted chocolate- stirring vigorously ( I like to use the mixer for this)
- add in flour, sugar, vanilla and crushed pecans
- pour the mixture into the prepared pan
- bake for about 15 min

Topping

1 can of condensed milk
1 bag of chocolate chips

- melt chocolate and condensed milk together- stirring constantly to prevent burning
- pour still hot topping on brownies and let stand until cool

* a big shout out to cousin Laura for the genius topping- much easier than my original icing recipe and much tastier as well!

    Friends it is Friday once again- we have had such a wacky school week due to the job action between teachers and government in our Province that we are just calling this week and heading to the Okanagan today- by the time you read this we will be on the road- let the long weekend begin! Peace, love and brownies Friends- happy Friday!

2 comments:

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!