Monday, June 9, 2014

Here We Stay


          This weekend flew by in the blink of an eye- so filled with good things that didn't have much to do with one another yet did completely- we spent the entire weekend pretty much immersed in creativity- what balm for the soul. After a full day at the outdoor pool on Friday we were all looking to stay out of the sun a little bit- or at least not be in the direct sun all day long. Enter in the Vancouver Mini Maker Faire- which the Mr. had been jonesing to go to since he heard about it last year. Tickets in hand we made our way to the PNE Forum and stepped into a world where the kids could touch pretty much anything and no question was looked down upon.

       In a nut shell the Mini Maker Faire is a place where people can show off what they are making and innovating- what they are learning- from tech geeks to crafters and engineers- artists and musicians. "Maker Faire is the Greatest Show (and Tell) on Earth – a family-friendly showcase of invention, creativity, and resourcefulness, and a celebration of the Maker movement. " Maker Faire Web site.



           Sunday brought about a burst of creativity in our household- obviously inspired by the previous day's outing- The Littles immediately got to work making things as soon as they woke up- The Boy making a blinky LED magnet that is controlled by the remote- Miss Lo a felted mushroom. It is so rad to see the kids get passionate about something- see an idea catch with them and the spark ignite- it's amazing really! The only issue now remains that we have four people- with hobbies- living in a small apartment- we will figure it out- needless to say things will get crowded!


         My treat- my me time- the event I have been looking forward to for weeks was to pop in to the final day at Le Marche's Summer Camp pop up shop- I was not disappointed- it was beautiful. I had hoped to get my hands on a few of Janaki Larson's small bowls but they were sold out- next time I will have to go on the first day and not the last. Miss Lo and I took our time carefully examining all the beautiful goods selected for the pop up shop- latte in hand it was a moment of beauty and quiet with my girly!

         To round out the weekend we swung by our favourite Earnest Ice Cream for some Salted Caramel- perfect to go with our dinner of ribs, corn and asparagus- all BBQ ed outside on a perfect Spring day. This is the cutest ice cream parlor in town and F.Y.I they are making Lemon Meringue Sundaes- you can be sure I will be going back for one of those sans kids!


         So here we are on Monday morning dear Friends- facing down another week- possibly our final school week of the season- our teachers will put that to the vote on Tuesday. I have a list as long as my arm of things to do today but for right now I am going to pour myself another coffee- head out onto the deck and peak at the mountains and blue skies between the buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!