Friday, October 3, 2014

Favourite Cake Friday: Pumpkin Spice


             Nothing beats a crisp fall day spent in Stanley Park- except wen you have cake and coffee- cause cake and coffee make everything better- throw in a friend for good company and you really do have the makings for an excellent day! Which was just the case for me yesterday when I was looking for someone to share a slice of Pumpkin Spice Cake and a thermos of coffee with! No rain with the sun peeking through- sharp ocean air on my cheeks- favourite boots on my feet- pretty much I think all Thursdays should happen like this!

Pumpkin Spice Cake

*with Cream Cheese Icing*

The Goods:

1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree- I used actual cooked pumpkin
1/2 cup apple sauce
3 tbsp butter or coconut oil
2 large eggs
1 1/3 cups flour
1/3 cup ground almonds or oat bran
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg

The Deal:

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees

- butter and flour a 9 x 9 pan- set it aside

- combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well. In a separate bowl combine all wet ingredients and mix well. Add wet mixture into dry and stir until combined ( I just threw everything into my KitchenAide and let it do it's thing) 

- Pour into greased and floured pan. Bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before removing from pan then frost with cream cheese icing. Only share with people you like and even then I suggest only sharing 1 slice- keeping the rest of this cake for yourself.

Cream Cheese Icing

in the mixer combine 1- 8 oz package of plain cream cheese, 1/2 cup of butter, 1 1/2- 2 cups of icing sugar and 1 tsp vanilla. Mix well- continue adding icing sugar until frosting is stiff- you may or may not use all of the 2 cups of icing sugar


          Friends it is Friday! Yippee for the weekend- if you need me I will be on the treadmill running off the pounds packed on by eating too much cake. Happy Friday Friends- have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!