Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Year Of Making- Looking Back


         When I started out on my Year of Making journey about a year ago I had no idea what I was in for. I had vague notions of knitting a sweater and possibly sewing a portion of my own wardrobe- no clue how important making had become in my life. Over the past year I have learned so many things as I made things carefully by hand- along with learning how to knit button holes I discovered just how intrenched being creative is in my daily life. If a day goes by that I don't work on a project- no matter how small- something feels to be missing- it just does!

       One major lesson learned is how no matter how slowly my consumerism may be it still exists. I have just switched gears- slowed it way down and most importunity become so much more aware how my daily decision of what to wear is so important. Making much more of my wardrobe than I thought is possible- creating a thoughtful closet full of pieces I love. Creating small garments that are slow and made with love for my Littles- walking just as softly on my earth as they do on my heart.


         When I sat down to pull this post together I thought perhaps I would use a project from each month- I was very surprised to see how industrious I actually have become! No way I could only pick twelve of my favourite projects- many of them didn't even make it onto the blog- simply thrown into rotation immediately- on my bod or in the laundry!

       While 2015 is all wrapped up I am looking forward to continuing my making ways- perhaps a life of making instead of only a year- so limiting! I have a stack of projects on my sewing table and in my knitting basket- so much goodness coming in the months ahead! So knitting needles at the ready lets get ready to rumble!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your fantastic 'making' year, Sharilyn! I look forward to seeing more of your makes! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!