Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Year of Knitting: Bradway Shawl


          Way back in the fall while parsing Knit City I purchased some gorgeous Brooklyn Tweed Shelter and the Bradway Shawl pattern from Very Shannon. I had good intentions of this being a quick knit over the fall- and then two sweaters for my children happened and my shawl dreams were put on hold. It wasn't until I was packing for our vacation to California that I pulled both the yarn and the pattern up and just a couple of hours before boarding the plane I could be found winding up balls of yumminess and packing my knitting bag!

       The Bradway Shawl was cast on at the Seattle airport- the first few rows knit out over the Pacific ocean- and subsequent knitting happened up and down the South Coast of California- all to be finished off this past weekend in Victoria. This project is well travelled to say the least! My finished shawl is perfect for this time of year when you need just a little something over your shoulders- the loftiness of the Brooklyn Tweed Shelter makes it warm but not too hot.

     As always I learned a tonne while knitting this project- mainly how to tell the difference between a knit stitch and a purl stitch by sight- after a few years of knitting I can now truly understand how to knit by sight. With lots of different textures and shapes this was a challenging knit but I feel the Bradway is a great gateway to knitting cables- which I hope to do this fall!


2 comments:

  1. The shawl is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charity! Are you working on anything fun these days?

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!