Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Hello Dear Friends



        Hello Dear Friends- it's been awhile- a long long 2 year while! I really have no excuse other than to say life just carried me away. Having gone from writing here almost daily for so many years to not writing at all felt so strange- in my head I often catch myself writing content- it's a funny habit to shake. To say I have missed it is an understatement- I have truly missed expressing myself here in words and images.

      I feel like I am just in a different space now than when I was writing Weekdays From Scratch- is it still me? It is most definitely not about my kid's any more- those sweet days of having Littles is gone- these days they are rather big and guard their privacy fiercely. Will I still be current if I am no longer a cute Mommy blogger? Does this space still match who I am?

    These are all things I have been throwing around lately. To be honest I was trying to come up with another blog name- something more about knitting and sewing. More about my current interests- less about making crafts and taking adventures with my kids and something more just for me. That is where I am right now in my life- thinking about myself and what excites me!

    My weekdays are still mostly from scratch- in fact now more so than ever. With my Kiddos in school full time my days are most filled with making and doing. I still cook so much from scratch as it's something I'm passionate about- slow food- my actual garden! I still sew- again slow fashion is one of my biggest passions! And I am knitting more now than ever before. So maybe just maybe Weekdays From Scratch is still totally relevant?

   Maybe I don't need to change too much at all my friends- just maybe if it isn't broken I shouldn't try to fix it! So we will give it a try- I am going to start writing here again- maybe not so regularly but often enough. Talking about our new life- about everything I am loving about being home in the Okanagan.  Showing up here is a bit like coming home too!

    A big shout out to both my friend Tannis who still reads what I have to say- you never stop encouraging me! And thank you to Francesca who suggested the best blog name Not Without My Knitting- unfortunately it is taken but I loved your suggestion- so in tribute to that here is the header I would have used!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!